Geographical Limitations. The owner of the Website and the Software is based in the State of Indiana in the United States. We provide the Website and the Software for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website, the Software or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. If you access the Website or the Software from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Information Collected. Our Website and the Software collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”Personal Information”).
We collect Personal Information related to you:
- from you when you provide such information to us;
- through the technology-enabled collection and tracking services that allow us to automatically collect certain information when you use our Website or the Software or interact with our emails or social media.
- from other sources, including from Providers who perform a business, professional, or technical support functions for us.
When you use our Website or the Software, we may collect:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information categories such a name, address, or telephone number.
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Automatically Collected Information
Automatically Collected Information includes information such as:
- Your interactions with certain Software, like how you use our Website or Software, including the time you spend with this Software, the way you navigate through this Software and search terms you enter when using this Software.
- We use session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. We use session cookies, for example, to manage products that you wish to subscribe to. We use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our Website and Software more efficiently.
- Persistent cookies do not go away when you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are stored until they expire or until you delete the cookie. You may not be able to delete some persistent cookies, even through your browser option tools.
- We use functional cookies and analytical cookies.
- Functional cookies recognize you as you return to our Website or Software and enable us to store information about your preferences. Functional cookies include, for example, cookies that allow you to log-in, or to save favorite products or store products in a shopping cart. Functional cookies must be enabled on the Website and Software to function and for you to use this Software.
- Analytical cookies analyze how you interact with our Website or the Software. Analytical cookies also may be used to analyze how you interact with other websites and mobile applications.
- We use first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
- First-party cookies are set by us on our Website and Software and can only be used to capture information about your use of the Website or Software.
- Third-party cookies may be set by our Providers on our Website or Software. For example, we may hire an analytics company that sets its own cookie to our Website to perform web performance analytics services for us. Third-party cookies may also be set up by our Providers on the content we deliver on other websites or mobile applications. These cookies may have the capability of tracking your interaction with and across different websites and mobile applications.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you our Software
- To communicate with you
- For marketing, promotions and advertising
- For our internal operations
- For fraud prevention, security and legal compliance
Examples of how we use Personal Information for these purposes are listed below. Please note that we may use information that does not specifically identify you or your device(s) without restriction.
To Provide You our Products and Software
- Establish and service your customer account on our Website and Software
- Fulfill and manage subscription orders, payments and returns of products or services we offer and communicate with you about these transactions
- Enable certain functionalities on our Website and Software (for example, to permit you to subscribe to one of our services)
- Provide customer service
To Communicate with You
- Communicate with you regarding your transactions with us, including purchases, orders, payments, and returns or exchanges
- Connect with you to deliver customer service through our customer service or on social media or Internet chat platforms
For Marketing, Promotions and Advertising
- Personalize, optimize and improve your experiences with our Software
- Send communications and other information regarding our Software and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you
For our Internal Operations
- Analyze the performance and effectiveness of our Software, including by analyzing visitor interaction with our Website and Software
- Measure the performance of our different marketing efforts
- Develop new services to enhance the customer experience with our Software
- Maintain, enhance and improve our programs, accounts and records, including your Personal Information records
- Conduct research and analytics related to our operations
- Perform logistics and other operation and business activities
- Pursuant to merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (your Personal Information may be among assets sold or transferred as part of a business transaction)
For Fraud Prevention, Security and Legal Compliance
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- Protect the security and integrity of our Software and data relating to such Software, including your Personal Information
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of VinSense and our employees, customers and others
- Assist law enforcement and respond to legal and/or regulatory inquiries
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law
In some instances, to have full access to the Software, you may be required to register and create an account (a “Login”). During registration you may be required to give certain personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and email address. VinSense may use your Personal Information:
- for identity verification purposes related to access of the Software via the Login;
- to communicate with you, or respond to your inquiries, about the Software, or for any other purpose for which you have provided such information;
- to deliver, administer, and enhance the Software or any other VinSense product or service;
You must keep its respective Personal Information updated. You may change any of its Personal Information through the account accessible via its Login.
In addition, if you submit an inquiry to VinSense via a Website or email, VinSense may retain any Personal Information provided therein, including name and email address, and may use the same to respond to such request.
Sharing with Third Parties
We may share the Personal Information we collect with third parties for other purposes, such as in the following ways:
- With our Providers. To companies who perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us, including services for improving our products and Services and our delivery of products and services to you. Such services include, for example, fax services, analytics, call center/chat services, payment processing, data enhancement, fraud prevention, and shipping services (“Providers”).
- With social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram, through social media widgets and other tools used in connection with our Website and Services, which may be deployed by our Providers (for example, tools for you to share content on our Website or Services with your friends and followers on social media).
- To comply with the law. To comply with applicable law or reasonable requests for information based on governmental regulation, court order, subpoena, or similar related action.
- To protect ourselves. To enforce our policies and agreements, to protect our or others’ rights, property or safety, to prevent or mitigate the risk of harm or loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity or in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute.
- With successors to all or part of our business. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event.
- At your direction. At your direction or request or when you otherwise consent.
Security of Information. VinSense uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure. VinSense strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect all Personal Information collected, but cannot guarantee its absolute security.
California Residents. If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company to whom VinSense may have disclosed your Personal Information, within the past calendar year; and b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain such information, you must make a request in writing. Such request must include your name and email address, the URL for the website visited, and a return address, or it will not be processed. VinSense will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Please mail requests to:
1281 Win Hentschel Blvd.
West Lafayette, Indian 47906